Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wonder

Author: R.J. Palacio
Pages: 313
Genre: Juvenile Fiction
Published Date: February 14 2012
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
 
Synopsis
I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.

August (Auggie) Pullman was born with a facial deformity that prevented him from going to a mainstream school—until now. He's about to start 5th grade at Beecher Prep, and if you've ever been the new kid then you know how hard that can be. The thing is Auggie's just an ordinary kid, with an extraordinary face. But can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, despite appearances?

R.J. Palacio has written a spare, warm, uplifting story that will have readers laughing one minute and wiping away tears the next. With wonderfully realistic family interactions (flawed, but loving), lively school scenes, and short chapters, Wonder is accessible to readers of all levels.


Review
I am not sure how to start. This book means so much to me. It was so incredibly written that everything about it was just amazing. It has been awhile since I last read a book that affected me this much.

This was told from multiple point of views - Auggie, Via (Auggie's big sister), Summer (Auggie's friend), Jack (Auggie's friend), Justin (Via's boyfriend), Miranda (Via's former best friend). Therefore, we can see the story from different angles. And that was one of the reason I loved about this book.

This book sends several important messages. I loved how it showed the important of friendship, how to stay true to yourself no matter what happens. This book moved me more than words can describe. It is kind of book that everyone should read.

4 comments:

Caliowin said...

Hi Giselle. I'm from the YA Romance group on goodreads. Thought I'd check out your blog. I'm in awe that you've read 216 books this year! When do you have time?? Anyway, I've heard a lot about this book and have been very undecided about whether I'd enjoy it, but after reading your review, I think I may give it a go.

Also, I like that you have a range of books I've not heard of on your blog. I love learning about new books. A lot of the larger book bloggers always talk about brand new releases, but sometimes its nice to know what's already out there.

- Tesni

Gisbelle said...

Thanks Tesni for dropping by.

This year I have read more books because I have more free time (I work part-time) :)

Wonder is a really great book. I have recommended it to all my friends (the ones who read) and they all like it. So I hope you love it as well.

Megan said...

Hi. I'm jumping over from the Goodreads YA blog page. I love your blog! It is so cute :) And this book sounds amazing. I have heard of it before but never really read the synopsis. It's definitely one that I want to read now. Thanks for sharing :) happy reading!

Megan @ Megz Madd Readz and on Goodreads too :)

Gisbelle said...

Aww... Thanks Megan! This is a really good book. When you have time to read it, you'll see for yourself.

Post a Comment

 
;