Sunday, February 3, 2013

Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook

Authors:

Genre: Young Adult | Contemporary
Published Date:  January 29th 2013
Publisher: HarperTeen
Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Synopsis
Will
Maybe I'm too late. Maybe Zoe's dad stole all her fifteen years and taught her to be scared. I'll undo it. Help her learn to be strong again, and brave. Not that I'm any kind of example, but we can learn together.
When the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can't run fast enough.
Zoe
Maybe it'll take Will years to come to terms with being abandoned.
Maybe it'll take forever. I'll stay with him no matter how long it takes to prove that people don't always leave, don't always give up on you.


Favorite Quote
I want you to want someone like me by your side. And I'll do whatever it takes to earn that. ~ Will

Review
It has been months since I read a book that moved me like Nobody But Us. It was just amazingly, brilliantly, beautifully, breathtakingly written. I fell so deeply and desperately in love with both Zoe and Will. For a fifteen-year-old girl, Zoe was so strong and mature. As for Will, even at times he was a hotheaded teenager who loved to solve every problem with his fists, was one of the sweetest fictional guy ever. I felt how seriously in love they both were and understood their decisions. I do not care what other people think about this book. Personally, it is by far one of the best books I have read this year.

I first picked up the book because of its absolutely beautiful cover. Then I was amazed how well written this book actually was.It might not be the first book about teenagers trying to escape cruel reality they were in. There are a lot more written on this topic, yet this book was so much better in so many ways. For one thing, how author intensified the situation both Will and Zoe were in made me unable to put the book down. It started out so simple and carefree. I was happy for them both when they talked about their plan once they arrived Vegas. Then everything just went wrong. They committed crimes and seemed unable to untangle themselves from this mess. My heart ached for them and I could guess how the book might end, but I still hoped for the best.

Speaking for ending, this book ended with a BAM! I loved it despise how hard it had made me cry. I did not think there could be any other way to end the book. It was just perfect. It tore me apart, but it was realistic. It revealed the dark part of the world where people would do anything to survive. Everyone makes mistake (cliché alert), the most important point is to take responsibility for the mistakes you have made.

In short, I was mess after reading this book. Just like real world, it was not always roses and rainbows. If you don't think you can handle all the emotions, you should not read this book. It is best for those who enjoy being on the emotional roller roaster ride!

3 comments:

heidigarrett said...

what a totally lovely blog. it's awesome. and you've already read 45 books for 2013. totally impressed. have to come back and visit. your review of nobody but us makes me want to read it and your review of hopeless made me bump it up on the to-read list:)

Gisbelle said...

Thanks Heidi for dropping by and for the compliment :)

Gabs @ My Full Bookshelf said...

New follower! :) Thanks for the review. I wasn't sure if I should read this, but now, I really want to!

Post a Comment

 
;