Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Authors:
Genre: Young Adult | Paranormal
September 25 2012
Harlequin Teen
Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Synopsis
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

Review
For some reasons, even I have read hundreds of books already, this book is the third book I have read about zombies. Well, maybe it is not that hard to imagine since I cannot stand zombies - movies or books. They are just too gross!

However, I really liked this book and would recommend it to everyone who just likes me - cannot stand zombies. Maybe it was because this book did not overly descriptive when it came to zombies. The first zombies book I read was so gross that I could not eat anything that day. I guess this one is mild enough for everyone to enjoy. But if you are a huge fan of brain-eating scenes, you might be a bit disappointed.

The cover was what drew my attention in the first place. Oh. Em. Gee!!!! What a cover! It was so beautiful that I had to read the book. To be frank, I was a bit nervous since I have read another version of Alice in Zombieland written

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to read this book but I didn't dare to take a risk to spend money on a book that I'm not going to enjoy. I was drawn to this book due to its mesmerising cover.

Post a Comment

 
;