Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hopeless

Authors:

Genre: New Adult
December 19th 2012
Publisher: Colleen Hoover
Rating: ❤❤❤❤

Synopsis
Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn't at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.

Review
This is the third book I have read written by this amazing writer, Colleen Hoover. After Slammed being one of my most favorite books read last year, I was so thrilled to read this one. What concerned me was that I was not that in love with her book Point of Retread. The only way to find out how awesome Hopeless is was to read it. And yes, it was amazing.

What I loved about the book is how well thought out it really was. The plots and characters were flawlessly written. I was in love with Holder, just liked I was with Cooper when I read Slammed (NOT Point of Retreat). The chemistry between Sky and Holder was through the roof!

I was wowed by the way the author revealed the secrets, the lies, the painful and sweet memories. Nothing keeps me on the edge of my seat more than a book that full of secrets and surprises. How the author connected and explained everything by the end of the book was breathtaking.

What I did not like about the book was the fact that it was a bit predictable at times. I could guess how the story might boil down to just by reading a few lines. Still, it was not a waste of time at all to read this book.

Reading a book on such topics always breaks my heart. I could never believe how a person could do that to another of his kind. And doing that to a child is beyond my imagination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;