Friday, April 4, 2014

All the Truth That's in Me by Julie Berry

Author: Julie Berry
Genre: Young Adult | Historical
Release Date: September 26th 2013 
Publisher:  Viking Juvenile
Rating: ❤❤
Read: November 13th, 2013

Synopsis
Four years ago, Judith and her best friend disappeared from their small town of Roswell Station. Two years ago, only Judith returned, permanently mutilated, reviled and ignored by those who were once her friends and family. Unable to speak, Judith lives like a ghost in her own home, silently pouring out her thoughts to the boy who’s owned her heart as long as she can remember—even if he doesn’t know it—her childhood friend, Lucas. But when Roswell Station is attacked, long-buried secrets come to light, and Judith is forced to choose: continue to live in silence, or recover her voice, even if it means changing her world, and the lives around her, forever. This startlingly original novel will shock and disturb you; it will fill you with Judith’s passion and longing; and its mysteries will keep you feverishly turning the pages until the very last.

My Thoughts
I don't normally read historical fiction, but if there are more books as good as this one, I'm sure going to read more of this genre.

This book is hauntingly beautiful, and I love everything about it, even the parts that wrecked my heart.

The story was so captivating that I couldn't think of anything else, but this book - how Judith's life was going be, who had done that to her and why. Just several pages in, I wept like a baby. My heart ached for her and what she had to go through. Being shunned and discriminated against even when she herself was a victim was just so cruel beyond words could describe.

This is one of the books that I will find time to reread. Because once is not enough.

(Some) Favorite Quotes
"You are the sun in my world, and how can I endure to watch you set into another woman's arms?"

"If you'd let me, I'd kiss away your fear, and let you rest yourself upon me, and I, I would die beside you and count my self lucky."

"If you were mine I'd comfort you; if you were mine you'd need no comfort."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;